Monday, February 28, 2011

February Adventures - trip to PA/DC

Abby's all ready for Joy School - and Valentine's Day!


The girls dressed up - thanks Gma Owen for the matching sweaters!










We got a little crafty and attempted to decorate the house a bit - while workers came in and out trying to fix the ice dam damage in our living room and upstairs bedroom.






No, I didn't buy her those glasses.  Yes, I let her have her pacifier on long car trips.


She hasn't quite figured out that books are easier to read right-side-up!


Abby tried to call the flock of geese in Downingtown, PA to come and play...


Michael had a work conference in Washington D.C. that we tagged along for.  We stopped at Kami's house in PA on the way down.  Michael headed into D.C. on the train and the girls and I drove down a few days later to stay with him.






The girls and I braved the metro by ourselves for a full day of Smithsonian-sight-seeing!




People couldn't get over how cute they were together - Abby led Eliza by the hand to each exhibit and pointed out things she found interesting.  Quite the little tour guide!




Back at the hotel, I had just settled the girls down for naptime when the the fire alarm went off.  We evacuated the building with everyone else and watched the excitement from the curb.  (Don't worry - false alarm - but definitely NO NAP after that.)

All the firemen came... and went...


They even waved back at us as they left!




We saved the Air and Space museum to see with Michael.










We actually got to see the Larsons on our way home.  It's nice to have family "near" by! (Only took us 5 hours to get home from there!)
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment