Monday, November 23, 2009

November 23, 2009

From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>

Dear Lauren -
Thank you for your enthusiastic responses!  Aly Claire Married, from
Texas.  Yeah, she had a tough time with another guy for a couple of
years - but she's happy as can be now!  No news on a baby name for
nummer zwei (wow - my German vocabulary stinks right now.  And
spelling.  I have no idea how to say that in German at the moment).
Michael is also doing well!  He is being flown out to Boston a week
from tomorrow to meet with 5 different groups at Lincoln Labs - so
hopefully one of them will be a good fit for us!  He is going to give
you the Abby update for this week:
Abby has discovered the toy closet. I think she must see it as a sort
of treasure cave and her "open sesame" is the "peese" as she begs us
to open it up and pull a new toy out for her. Marbles, blocks, animals
she loves it all and fortunately for us it means we don't have to
worry very much about finding new toys for her. She has spent the last
few days with a fever, although besides her temperature, there is
little in her attitude that she is under the weather. She has been as
happy and as exploratory as ever. In fact this week there have been
more bumps and bruises as she has discarded any cautions she
previously held. She climbs onto the kitchen table, over the couches,
wants to walk down the stairs. Of course she has tipped over a few
chairs, fallen off a few couches and generally beaten herself up.
Despite the bumps and bruises she has not ceased to entertain us. Her
dancing is getting better than ever. To her, the upstairs piano room
is nothing but a dancing room. If she can ever hear music she walks
from whatever part of the house and joins whoever is in the room and
just dances. Twirls, stomps, waves, falls down... Totally adorable.
There you have it.  We love her!  (This is Claire talking again!)  I
thought of you several times this week, in little situations when I
could just imagine how you'd react ... (tonight - Mom was planning
menus for Thanksgiving week and Linc was writing poems for his English
class - and I asked "We don't have to write individual poems for
everyone's place setting, do we?"  Mom looked stricken, saying, "No!
We don't have to do that..." then saw that I was kidding.  I mentioned
that I could see you jumping all over a project like that - as a
matter of fact, I've already seen you do that very project!  You have
so much energy and enthusiasm!  The little exchange made Mom and I
miss you terribly - we could just see you setting joyfully about to
the task...) Anyway, we love you so much!
I hope all is well - keep up the good work!  Is it getting cold?  How
do you make sure you're warm enough?  How much of the day are you
outside typically?
According to Quinn's blog (I can check with Aunt Kami - she flies in
tomorrow), his current mailing address is:
Quinn's Current Mailing Address
Elder Quinn G. Larson
Colombia Barranquilla Mission
Calle 82# 55-20, Apto 2
Edificio Matisse
Barranquilla Atlantico
Colombia
Like I said, that's just according to his blog.  His email address is:
quinn.g.larson.cbm@myldsmail.net
Uncle Tom is doing well! He had a concert tonight (he sings with the
Utah Baroque Ensemble).   I will remind him about the little thing he
has for you - not big.  It could easily be mailed, and I think you'd
appreciate it!
Finally, I'm going to include a pregnant picture of me - from this
time!  Actually, this was taken in September, so I'm even bigger now!
I just don't have a more recent one... yet...
i love you Lauren!
Love your sister,
Claire

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Lauren Bangerter
<sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>
> CLAIRE!! THat is so cute! I can't even imagine it! cute cute Abby! I'm glad Aly Clare is married - who to? I remember she had some hard times in the past - is this really happy and exciting?
> I loved hearing about you going up to Grandma Bangerters
> and that was fun to remember that apron sweatshop
> there was something I was going to tell you this week - but now I can't remember - shoot - It will come to me as soon as we leave this place.
> I'm glad you are doing well - any baby name updates?
> How's Michael doing? I really am so greatful to have him for a brother in law. I love you! A Lot! THanks for writing!
> Love,
> Sister Lauren Bangerter
> ps- How's Uncle Tom? I thought of him this week. I also remember you telling me he was going to send me a package . . .? Naja- not a big deal. he is such a great man- maybe after my mission I won't feel so intimidated when I talk to him :)
>
> pps- what is quinn's address?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment