Sunday, November 8, 2009

November 8, 2009

From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>

Dear Lauren,
What cute pictures! There's one you didn't talk about - is that Sister
Crane's hair all done up in a braid?  Did you do it for her?  I think
you look great.  I especially love you happy sisters on the slide!  I
don't have pics of the halloween costumes yet (someone else took them
at the party), but I realized that you haven't seen any pregnant
pictures of me at all!  I've got to take a few.  I was much more
diligent about that with Abby!  Let's just say I've gotten
"pregnant-looking" a little faster than last time.  However, I haven't
really swollen up at all this time, unlike with Abby.  To answer your
question about Mark, we were all a little surprised at the engagement
(they had just broken up "for good" a few weeks before), but we're
happy for them.
Thanks for the little word picture of your apartment in the evenings.
I'm assuming that things might change a little now with your new
companion... how is that going?
In Abby news this week, I've been amazed at all the things she's
started saying.  She will copy about anything I say, with some degree
of accuracy, and a lot of it actually seems to be sticking.  This
includes "ankoo" (thank you), "ep-oo" (help you), "eeches" (peaches),
"bocher" (Botcher - for when she sees sister bodtcher), "water" (very
clearly saying water), "mahbah" (marble), in addition to all the words
she said before.  She shocked the pants off us this evening when she
turned to me saying "eyes", and pointing to my eyes.  We proceeded to
ask her "where's your eyes?" "nose?" "ears?" and "mouth?"  and
"where's mommy's/daddy's" eyes, ears, etc.  She got them 100% correct!
Who knew that she knew her face so well!  That, and she attempts to
name everything as she points to it.  We feel this is all quite the
accomplishment for our little girl! (so proud!)  She has started to
run... and if not running, she walks as quickly as she can, swinging
her left arm back and forth (she picked that up on Halloween with her
pumpkin candy bucket... and I guess she likes the feel of it!  It's so
cute!).  This gives her an air of knowing exactly where she's going
and being determined to get there quickly.
She seems to have grown again, since she can now reach doorknobs.  No,
she can't quite turn them yet, but I know she wasn't tall enough to
reach them last week.  As a matter of fact, she's become much more
toddler-ish this week in her adventuresomeness (is that a word?).  I
went upstairs one evening to find her with the boys in the kitchen.  I
watched as she pulled herself up onto a chair and started coloring.
Shock.  I had no idea she could do either of those things.  Then, a
few days later, (luckily Michael was around for this), she pulled her
little dresser down on herself (don't worry - one of the light wooden
ones we used to have as kids, and Michael pulled it right off her),
but I didn't know she could throw her weight around like that.  We
cuddled on the couch to help her feel better, then I left her there,
reading books, and crossed the room.  Next thing I knew, she had
somersaulted off the couch onto the ground.  That's never happened
before either!  She's always known how to get off a couch responsibly!
(turn around, scoot off carefully...) She can now climb up onto
couches and ottomans, and over the top of couches if we're not
careful.  Just when I thought I had baby-proofed everything, it turns
out I need to toddler-proof.  And the best way to do that, it seems,
is to keep a constant eye on her.  All the time.  All day.  Every day.
I'm not quite used to that kind of diligence, but I'm getting better.
We just love her!
That's about it for now.  Oh - it looked like in your picture of your
birthday presents that you got the cards we (okay - Mom) sent, but did
you get the package?  Hopefully you will soon.
I love you Lauren!  I hope you have a good week.  Remember - let me
know how things are with your new companion! I'm excited to hear about
her!
Love,
Claire
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Lauren Bangerter
<sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>
> THanks for your happy letters. I'd love to see pictures of your family themed halloween costumes
>
> Congratulations to Mark! That is so exciting!
>
> I'm so glad you enjoyed Mosiah 5! I was hoping someone would do it - thank you! I think you were the only one!
>
> A part of my day I haven't told you about . . .
> evenings are fun - we come home at 9 and we plan - and then I can relax - and I read the scriptures or I write in my journal and I put together my lists and organize my things, and I ponder. And sister crane makes yummy treats - like peanut butter bars, or I eat some yogurt, or have some tea. Things might change now that sister crane is gone. She liked to talk on the phone - our district leader calls every night - so I may have to take that over . . . and no more peanut butter bars . ..  but that is good. I really need to use my morning sport time more productivly. I tried to choose my pictures wisely this week . . . but my face is getting chubbier. naja.
>
> I love you!
> Thanks for your love adn support!
> Love,
> Lauren
>

No comments:

Post a Comment