From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 1:12 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
Dear Lauren,
Thank you for the birthday package! Linc brought it to me this
morning - I LOVE LOVE LOVE gummi baeren and those little baby
stickers/scrapbooking things are SO cute! I love the magnets
too!!!!!! You are incredibly thoughtful - I too wish I could wrap you
in a big hug!!! I'm glad you got to see conference - and you'll love
the rest of it when you get a chance to read it. That's neat you
could see the PH session - I always look forward to reading those
'new' talks when the Ensign comes out. Eliza was at the RS meeting,
but I don't think Karen was - at least not on one of our tickets
(maybe she got some from someone else - that would be great!).
Thanks for your daily schedule! I'm assuming 'termins' are
discussions... and I will continue to pray that you will find more
people to teach! I know you are probably doing better at talking to
everyone than you think. And you are INCREDIBLY gifted at describing
things! Don't worry about your letters - they're great!
As far as overanalyzing goes, I've often been guilty of that. I think
sometimes that's one of the blessings of marriage - that Michael can
assure me that I'm really doing much better than I think I am. I
think it's important to not let the adversary persuade you that you're
not good enough, not doing enough, or start you focusing on the wrong
things. He just wants to stop your progression. The Spirit won't
depress you. In other words, that which enticeth and persuadeth to do
good is of God - it's good to learn how to tell when the Spirit is
inspiring you to feel like you can give more versus when the devil is
whispering that you're not good enough. Does that make any sense? So
when I feel the Spirit inspiring me to want to do better, I write my
goal down, and then I'm patient with myself in trying to reach the
goal. In a given moment, I feel I'm doing my best if I'm improving on
the moment before. I know I often won't reach my goal in a day, or
even in the forseeable future, but the point of setting the goal is to
IMPROVE, and improvement and progression are eternal journeys!
I loved the pictures you sent! They all came through just fine!
Sometimes Andrew sends just a few at a time, in separate emails, so
that they go through easier. You could try that if you want too!
We've had a great week! Abby jabbers and walks, and runs, and
tumbles, and laughs, and dances, and sings, and rocks her little baby
doll, and says hi to every living creature she sees. She will eat a
little of whatever we offer her, but if she likes it one day, it's a
pretty sure bet that she won't want it the next day. Unless 'Grandpa'
(Dad) gives it to her. Today her favorite was Jello. Couldn't get
enough jello. It almost breaks your heart when she asks "please"
(says "pees" and does the sign for it) and the thing she wants is
gone! Let's see - she loves to walk around with an apple all her own
(I sometimes worry she will choke on a piece of apple, but she gets
quite distraught if I take it away) - she can get through an apple
pretty well! She communicates all the time - I ask her if she wants
to do certain things and she clearly tells me "yes" (or "yeah") or
stays real quiet, meaning 'no'. Things she loves currently are:
magnets, going outside, walking with 'the kids' to school (Steven and
Gerilyn's kids), baths, animals (but not if they get too close...),
riding on her rocking horse, dancing, and following me around,
jabbering like she's me! I get imitated all the time! It's pretty
precious. She knows how to uncover our piano keyboard and persuades
me to turn it on so she can play it. She's getting taller, so she can
reach the keys just fine. Everyone loves her at church - really, I
think she has more friends than I do! :). I just love her. Can you
tell?
We're doing well here - I read Mom's letter to you, so I guess you
heard about the few sad things this week. It just makes me so
grateful for all my blessings! And you are a blessing to me! I love
your letters!
Thank you so much for being you and a good example to me!
I love you!
Love,
Claire
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Lauren Bangerter
<sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>
> I'm so glad you had a fun birthday! That is awesome Adam showed up! Conference was amazing! I didn't see Grandpa - but at the beginning of the Relief Society meeting I thought I saw Karen Beaty and Eliza Garlick - were they there? I just love Conference. I love how we have LIVING PROPHETS!! WE weren't able to see the Sunday Afternoon session - so I missed Elder Holland, Elder Christofferson, adn Elder Cook - which makes me a little sad, but What I got to hear was amazing - and I got to sit in on the Priesthood session! Wow - that was powerful!
>
> My days begin with study! It is so great. I should use the early time to exercise - but I use it to write in my journal and read more in the scriptures. What we do during the day depends on which termins we have. (Pray that we have more termins!! :) But we take by notes, ride bahns and Talk to EVeryone! (At least I'm trying to talk to everyone. Andrew seems to do it so well. Sometimes it is so scary for me. I know I need to overcome that with faith) Man, I know this is boring and generic. Andrew is good at explaining things in detail - like last week how he talked about that one day everyone said no -- then they finally found someone who said yes- that happens a lot. THe other day our termin fell through so we did some doors across the street and a lady who runs a kindergarten let us in - she didn't have time but we made out an appointment to come back later.
>
> I've noticed something about me on my mission - I think and overanalyze WAY too much. I'm way too hard with myself. How do YOU handle it? How do you gage what your best is in a given moment? I guess I just need to count my blessings more - I have so many! I love this gospel! I love our family! I love you!
>
> Thanks for your prayers adn support.
> I have a camara cord - just every time I try to use it the emails never go through because they are too big - and by that time my companion wants to go - so hopefully today I could get some pictures sent.
> Love you!
> Love,
> Lauren
>
No comments:
Post a Comment