From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
Dear Lauren: All right -
So here's what happened this week. I was (of course) SUPER excited
for my birthday! I enjoyed talking to people who called to wish me
happy birthday and all the emails from my friends on facebook. It was
great to hear from Adam, Lindsey, and Alina, but of course made me
miss them! We had a party all planned for 7pm on my birthday, and I
was making some cookies when a knock came at the basement door.
Michael was filming Abby doing something cute, so he asked me to get
it - and lo and behold, there were Adam, Lindsey, and Alina!!!!!! I
about fainted! Seth was also on the other side getting my reaction -
and though Abby is cute, Michael was really filming my reaction too!
They had all known about it and kept it a secret from me! It turns
out Adam came out here this week to recruit at BYU, but since they
kept it a secret from me and showed up on my birthday, it felt like
they came just for me!!!!! The really funny thing is that I had a
dream on Monday night that I walked into my party and YOU were there!
I was a little concerned that you weren't in Germany - but you assured
me in the dream that you had permission to be there for one day! I
was so happy to see you! So it looks like I caught the vibe about a
sibling showing up for my bday, I just dreamed up the wrong one!
Abby and Alina have been so cute together all week! Abby taught her
how to give kisses, so every time they see each other they squeal (I
am told much like you and Annie used to do), reach out their arms (or
run/crawl towards each other) and embrace! It's so cute! They smile
and squeal and jabber to each other! We're going to miss them when
they leave tomorrow!!!
We enjoyed conference and conference recap this weekend. I hope you
got to see the Sunday morning session (Joseph says that they got to
watch the Sun morn session live in Germany, I guess at night for
you...) because you hopefully would have noticed that since the
meeting got out a few minutes early, they filmed a little more of the
general authorities leaving the stand - and as President Monson walked
out, it showed the first few rows, where Ramon, Grandma, Grandpa, and
Sonja were sitting! It was neat to see them!
I just love you Lauren! I got a new little purse/diaper bag for my
birthday that is BRIGHT YELLOW inside - so it makes me think of you!
I love the little things that remind me of you each day! Like
scripture study and journal writing (okay, that second one's not
happening every day anymore, but I'm going to step it up this week!).
Well, have a great week. I would love to hear a few details from your
every day routine if you have a minute! Oh, and do you need any cords
for your camera? Do you need any help uploading pictures to send to
us? Just let me know!
I love you!
Love,
Claire
fromLauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
toclairebang.owen@gmail.com
dateMon, Sep 21, 2009 at 8:01 AM
subjectLiebe Schwester!
hide details 9/21/09
CLAIRE! That is so fun to hear the hellos from people! I think about
Brother Merrill a lot - he influcened my relationship with the
scriptures in a profound way.
Abby - so cute, so cute, so cute! Motherhood IS a deep desire of our
hearts. tHe more I'm on a mission the more I think that I want to have
lots of children and raise them up RIGHT! It is so important to teach
children when they are young! We had stake conference this week and
the primary children sang, Love is Spoken here and It was so cute. I
found myself humming in my head later that day, 'when I grow up, I
want to be a mother . .. ' ha ha!
I hope I'll be able to see the relief society broadcast - I haven't
heard much information concerning it - but I'll ask! mom asked me the
same question you did - I think I forgot to answer her - could you
tell her?
I love you!
Have fun in Salt Lake with our family!
Love,
your Sister Bangerter
No comments:
Post a Comment