Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19, 2011 - letter to Seth

Not so little any more!
Me at 33-ish weeks.  Abby's shrugging her shoulder like that in all her pictures recently - "to be like you, Mom!" she says, but I don't know what she's talking about!
The girls and I!
SETH!!!!!!!
We have been wanting to write to you - but I couldn't get your email
address from Mom.  Well, Elder, we love you so much!  The girls pray
for you not only every day, but in EVERY PRAYER.  And if I forget,
they add, "And Uncle Seth on his mission."

Missionary work is going here - I'm learning how important it is to LOVE those around you.  I
have friends who are not members and I want so badly for them to have
an added measure of happiness in their lives (aka the gospel) - and
it's neat how often they ask questions trying to find out why I'm so
happy, or so at peace, or so patient with my children, or have such a
good feeling in my home.  That just makes me smile more because I KNOW
why I'm different - it's just a matter of listening to the Spirit and
giving them answers that will answer their question but also help them
to feel a bit of my testimony and want to ask more questions.  I'm
working right now on just strengthening my friendships out here.
People, for the most part, are so amazed that someone would want to
help them out - just with little things even - which is just a natural
thing we've grown up doing; helping our neighbors if they need
something or at least volunteering to help if we hear they have a
need.  That has helped me make more friends than anything else.

I just asked Abby what I should write to you, and she said, "Dear
Seth, Thank you for going on your mission.  That's all."  So there you
have it.  She knows where you are, and that you should be there, and
she's grateful you're doing it!  We love you so much.

In girl-updates:  Abby WROTE HER OWN NAME during Sacrament Meeting
yesterday for the FIRST TIME!  I was shocked!  I didn't know that she
could write her whole name by herself!  She's been pointing out the
letter 'A' for a while, but it was cool to see her do that all by
herself.  She has also started back up with Joy School for the year,
and is learning about the Joy of the Body.  Thus, she tells us about
our 5 senses ("Daddy, did you know we have 5 senses?")  and her bones
("Mommy, my bones are working very well!").  Eliza is also all ears
when we teach Joy School at our house.  She walks around throwing
things like "5 sesses" (5 senses) into her sentences... which are
PLENTIFUL!  Since about July she has started talking with a vengeance!
 She speaks VERY well, shocking everyone who hears her.  She uses
complete sentences all the time - and half the time I don't know
whether Abby or Eliza is talking to me, no joke.  I don't know how to
convey to you how well she talks, but Mom says she talks really well
and really early, like Adam did.  She will turn to my growing belly
and say, very loudly, "Baby bruder, can you hear me?!"  It's very
cute.  Her other very striking attribute is the LOUDNESS of her voice.
She doesn't understand the concept of whispering yet.  In this
respect, Mom says she reminds her of YOU as a baby.  Even though she's
happy most of the time, we still have to take her out of meetings, or
the library, or museums because her happy words are a bit too loud at
times, or at least distracting to those around us (some of which
aren't very tolerant of little children anyway).  She's very cute,
very loud, and growing up very quickly.  Abby is learning to use the
toilet, and Eliza is trying to follow her example, though she still
wears diapers.  Thus, since Abby has accidents now, every time Eliza
needs a diaper change, she looks up at me so sweetly and
apologetically and says, "Mommy, I had a ax-i-cent."  I assure her
she's okay and then change her diaper.  But it does make for
potentially embarrassing situations when her loud voice is mixed with
this new hot topic at our house (toilet training).  Such as Eliza
telling Abby "Wait body! Wait body!" when Abby was having an accident
in church; during a very quiet part of the meeting; and Eliza's
announcement was broadcast VERY loudly to everyone sitting around us.
I think they all smiled... I hope they did.

We are doing well - Michael is flying to Alabama today for a business
trip, but he'll be back in a few days.  Our little boy is due November
9th, which is only about 7 weeks away!
I'm attaching a picture for you of the girls and I and my current
belly.  I love hearing from you!
I love you so much!
Love,
Claire, Michael, Abby, Eliza, and the little guy!

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Seth Bangerter
<seth.bangerter@myldsmail.net> wrote:
> HI Claire,
>
> How is the missionary work going in Boston. I love you tuns and think about
> you every day. would love to hear from you. P.S. tell the girls and michael
> HI, o, and when is your little boy due?
>
> Love Elder BAngerter

No comments:

Post a Comment