Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cute little kids...

Dear Seth,
We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new little guy... he should be here in the next week or two!  Abby and Eliza have decided to be a bumblebee and ladybug for halloween again this year - which is nice for me, since I don't have to make new costumes :) (see attached picture).  They enjoyed Joy School this week - it was at our house so Eliza got to attend the JS Halloween party, complete with "I'm a mean old witch with a hat" and "first you take a pumpkin, big and round and fat...." They had a little costume parade and got to decorate sugar cookies. 

Eliza literally copies EVERY word that people say - I think that must be a great way to learn new language skills!  I'll be talking on the phone or to Michael while we're driving in the car and suddenly notice that Eliza is saying EXACTLY what I am, just as fast as I am, in the seat behind me.  No wonder she can talk so well now!  She would say "oopsy-daisy" whenever she dropped something for a while because I said it ONCE one day... and she understood how to use it perfectly.  She also likes to make words into more syllables than they're supposed to be - like "neck-a-lace" instead of "necklace" and "mag-a-net" instead of "magnet".  She really loves our "jack-a-lantern" that we made at Joy School - her cute little voice says everything so sweetly - people comment on it all the time.  However, she still won't go to nursery without Michael or I staying with her the whole time.  That's strange to us since Abby never made a fuss about that.  She'll figure out that we ARE coming back eventually, and hopefully won't be so sad to see us leave (not that we've ever actually gone...)

Abby loves to IMAGINE!  She'll be busy over in a corner and tell me "I'm leaving for work now!  I"ll be back later!  I love you - I miss you!"  and then walk around the corner for a few seconds or a minute or two.  She'll also say, "I'm pretending that this water bottle is a _____" you name it, she pretends it.  With anything.  The other night, she told me as I was leaving her room, "Mommy, we don't need another name for Baby Brother.  I don't want him to have another name - I just want him to be 'Baby Brother.'"  She was really worried that she wouldn't be able to call him that - I told her she could call him that as much as she wanted, for as long as she wants!  Plus, we don't have a name picked out yet anyway, so he might end up really being "Baby Brother" for a while.  She's a terrific big sister - keeps saying, "We're going to have TWO babies at our house!  Eliza and baby brother.  But Eliza is getting bigger, to be a big girl, like me!" 

They really are such sweet hearts - and we're SO excited to get a little boy soon!  We love you Seth - you are blessed every day in our prayers.  Abby says "and bless Un-ko Ses on his mission and baby bruder" in the same sentence every day.  So one day she said, "Baby brother belongs to Seth!"  She has the two of you associated in her mind somehow...
We love your letters!  Thanks for being such a great example.
Love,
Claire

Seth - we think of you often.  We're excited to hear your perspective on the work and about your enthusiasm about it.  I would have loved to have you as a companion - it was always a joy to have a companion that loved the work and was willing to do it.  I hope your companions don't take you for granted.  We love getting your emails and we remember you in our prayers.
Love,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment