Date: Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 1:14 AM
Subject: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
Dear Lauren -
I just have to tell you how you've changed my life! This week I was
able to start a serious scripture study journal. I also kept a daily
diary - EVERY DAY! I prepared my YW lesson, starting at the beginning
of the week and ending this morning. Since I started so early, I was
able to see little miracles every day as I found the perfect material
for the lesson - and the lesson went really well. I know the spirit
was directing it. I want you to know that it's your example that have
inspired all of these changes in my daily routine. I feel so much
better when I write down what has happened in a day and the insights
I've received. It's like you said, it seems that I am blessed with a
better memory for things when I sacrifice my time to write them down -
that, and everything else in my day just goes better! I love you so
much! Thank you for your example. Truly.
I would love to send you a list of all the great-grands in the
Bangerter family, but I'm a little behind myself! I do know that
number 63 was born (Greg and Laurie's 3rd little boy) a few days ago.
Also, Heather and Dallin are expecting boy #3 (4th child) in October
(ggrand #64) and then as far as I know, I'm next in January - with
#65! So it looks like I'll get to tie the number of great grands with
the number of grands! I suppose then Megan will break the tie in
February with #66. I think it's amazing that my two babies will only
be 17 months apart, yet they will be numbers 50 and 65 in the
Bangerter family! What a growing posterity!
I love Spencer's baby's name. I think they decided to go with the
American pronunciation of "Maren" (so it won't rhyme with Lauren - but
the Danish pronunciation DOES rhyme w/ Lauren, and I think Anna's
parents are going to say it that way). Anyway, it's neat that she's
named after her grandma who prayed to know the truth and then met the
missionaries (Maren) and her grandma who was an amazing person
(Elaine).
We're preparing for Abby's 1st birthday this week! Nancy took some
really cute portraits of her, so I'll have to send you one when I'm on
my computer next (I'm typing this on Mom's). I've been the mom this
week, since Mom was in San Francisco and Dad was in Thailand - but
it's been fun. Still, it's REALLY nice to have them home. I don't
know if I've told you yet that Abby's newest word is "ball", though
she most commonly says it "ba" or "bo". Still, there's no doubt about
what she means - and boy does she get excited when she sees one!
Also, this week she wouldn't fall asleep for her nap, but let me drift
off on the couch while she sat there with board books and looked at
them! For a long time! It was so cute! You'd be proud of her. We
checked some out of the library, and her current favorites are
"Frieght Train" (the one Andrew memorized when he was little), "Five
Little Ducks" (especially when you sing the words), and "Chicka Chicka
Boom Boom". Oh, and she LOVES doing "Intsy Winsty Spider" - she tries
to get her little fingers to twist around like mine - it's so cute!
Well, that's about it for this week.
I love you! I'm praying for you - I'm so glad that you were able to
serve and teach two weeks ago - I hope that continued this week! Last
week when I said "I hope...I hope...Ihope...", what I meant was that
those were the things I was praying for concerning you. I was glad to
hear that some of them happened! Prayer is amazing.
Keep up the good work! And smiles! I love your smile!
Love,
Claire
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Lauren
Subject: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
Dear Lauren -
I just have to tell you how you've changed my life! This week I was
able to start a serious scripture study journal. I also kept a daily
diary - EVERY DAY! I prepared my YW lesson, starting at the beginning
of the week and ending this morning. Since I started so early, I was
able to see little miracles every day as I found the perfect material
for the lesson - and the lesson went really well. I know the spirit
was directing it. I want you to know that it's your example that have
inspired all of these changes in my daily routine. I feel so much
better when I write down what has happened in a day and the insights
I've received. It's like you said, it seems that I am blessed with a
better memory for things when I sacrifice my time to write them down -
that, and everything else in my day just goes better! I love you so
much! Thank you for your example. Truly.
I would love to send you a list of all the great-grands in the
Bangerter family, but I'm a little behind myself! I do know that
number 63 was born (Greg and Laurie's 3rd little boy) a few days ago.
Also, Heather and Dallin are expecting boy #3 (4th child) in October
(ggrand #64) and then as far as I know, I'm next in January - with
#65! So it looks like I'll get to tie the number of great grands with
the number of grands! I suppose then Megan will break the tie in
February with #66. I think it's amazing that my two babies will only
be 17 months apart, yet they will be numbers 50 and 65 in the
Bangerter family! What a growing posterity!
I love Spencer's baby's name. I think they decided to go with the
American pronunciation of "Maren" (so it won't rhyme with Lauren - but
the Danish pronunciation DOES rhyme w/ Lauren, and I think Anna's
parents are going to say it that way). Anyway, it's neat that she's
named after her grandma who prayed to know the truth and then met the
missionaries (Maren) and her grandma who was an amazing person
(Elaine).
We're preparing for Abby's 1st birthday this week! Nancy took some
really cute portraits of her, so I'll have to send you one when I'm on
my computer next (I'm typing this on Mom's). I've been the mom this
week, since Mom was in San Francisco and Dad was in Thailand - but
it's been fun. Still, it's REALLY nice to have them home. I don't
know if I've told you yet that Abby's newest word is "ball", though
she most commonly says it "ba" or "bo". Still, there's no doubt about
what she means - and boy does she get excited when she sees one!
Also, this week she wouldn't fall asleep for her nap, but let me drift
off on the couch while she sat there with board books and looked at
them! For a long time! It was so cute! You'd be proud of her. We
checked some out of the library, and her current favorites are
"Frieght Train" (the one Andrew memorized when he was little), "Five
Little Ducks" (especially when you sing the words), and "Chicka Chicka
Boom Boom". Oh, and she LOVES doing "Intsy Winsty Spider" - she tries
to get her little fingers to twist around like mine - it's so cute!
Well, that's about it for this week.
I love you! I'm praying for you - I'm so glad that you were able to
serve and teach two weeks ago - I hope that continued this week! Last
week when I said "I hope...I hope...Ihope...", what I meant was that
those were the things I was praying for concerning you. I was glad to
hear that some of them happened! Prayer is amazing.
Keep up the good work! And smiles! I love your smile!
Love,
Claire
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Lauren
Bangerter<sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
> Wow Claire, time flies!
> I'm glad you got to met Karen - she really is an amazing strong person. She does love our family-I've been thinking about her a lot because she is like the only convert I knew before my mission and I am just blown over by her example.
> Abby is so cute! Mom sent picutres - her hair is so dark too! You looked good too - my companion said we look like - so I guess I'm not looking so bad myself . . although I do think I need to be worrying more about what I'm feeding myself. . . I can just feel my cheeks getting pudgy. :)
> Hey, could you send me a list of all the new babies in the family? I'd love to keep my family list that I brought with me updated.
> Isn't spencer's baby's name cute? (mom mention Maren Elaine in her letter - I'm assuming she is his) I have actually been thinking this week that Maren is a cute name I'd like to use someday - and I have reason to becuase my companion's name is Maren. AND it rhyms with Lauren - but we'll see!
> This Gospel is amazing. It is the only way I ever want to live. It is just not possible to have this happiness and joy in life without it!
> Thanks for your prayers and support! I learn so much from YOU! I love you!
> Love,
> Your Sister Lauren Bangerter
>
> I'm glad you got to met Karen - she really is an amazing strong person. She does love our family-I've been thinking about her a lot because she is like the only convert I knew before my mission and I am just blown over by her example.
> Abby is so cute! Mom sent picutres - her hair is so dark too! You looked good too - my companion said we look like - so I guess I'm not looking so bad myself . . although I do think I need to be worrying more about what I'm feeding myself. . . I can just feel my cheeks getting pudgy. :)
> Hey, could you send me a list of all the new babies in the family? I'd love to keep my family list that I brought with me updated.
> Isn't spencer's baby's name cute? (mom mention Maren Elaine in her letter - I'm assuming she is his) I have actually been thinking this week that Maren is a cute name I'd like to use someday - and I have reason to becuase my companion's name is Maren. AND it rhyms with Lauren - but we'll see!
> This Gospel is amazing. It is the only way I ever want to live. It is just not possible to have this happiness and joy in life without it!
> Thanks for your prayers and support! I learn so much from YOU! I love you!
> Love,
> Your Sister Lauren Bangerter
>
No comments:
Post a Comment