Date: 2009/8/17
Subject: Re: § Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
Hey Lauren!
I hope that all is going well and that you are able to think in more than half-hour time slots now! I hope you're settling into your new responsibilities well. Thank you so much for the thoughtful birthday package! It arrived the day before Abby's birthday. She loved the gummi bears (as did I, cough, cough) and the cute little hat is ADORABLE! We'll have to get a picture of her in it for you! Thank you, thank you! Those pictures are great too. Which reminds me - would you like me to give you a short tutorial on how to upload photos for the family? I don't want to stress you out - it just really seems easier than having to print them off and mail them. (Don't get me wrong - I LOVE getting pictures in the mail!) Do you have the cord that connects your camera to the computer? If not, what kind of camera do you have? We can get one to you. Just if you want.
We had a wonderful week, with Abby turning 1!!!!!!!!!! We had a nice "little" party, with the Garlicks, Reneers, Gma Marlene, Bryce, Nancy, Derek, and Mark coming by to celebrate. We web-cam'ed with Michael's family beforehand, and with Adam, Lindsey, and Alina during the party. It was great! Abby was quite good at getting the wrapping paper off, and careful to examine the contents of each present closely - she pulled each of the 24 crayons out of the box one by one to show everyone (picture a semi-circle of little cousins all around her, watching her every move, with Alina on the lap-top to the side - quite fun!). I made her her own birthday cake to tear into, which she did after a few preliminary pokes, and cupcakes for everyone else to eat. I also made her a birthday "apron" out of the joyschool pattern that she, and future siblings, will be able to wear on their birthdays. I mean, I want to dress her up nice on her birthday, but I'll also want her to stay clean - so now I can have both! It has rainbow bias around the outside (I made it myself), and the main part is stripes of different colors. I still want to aplique (sp?) balloons or something on it to make it a bit more "birthday". Anyway, I can't believe she's one. I just bawled on Tuesday night (day before her birthday) thinking how fast this first year has gone! I already see her as 18 and graduated and moving away in my mind! It's crazy.
Let's see - other than that, I really enjoyed picking peaches off our tree this week, learning how to can from Sister RoseMarie Taylor, and then canning 19 quarts of peaches all by myself yesterday! It felt so good! I felt very domestic - and capable. It's really not hard to do! It would have been fun with someone else, but I'll get you to help me some other time!
I just love you Lauren! I know that you are capable of great things. The Lord knows it too - as does your mission president. Keep up the good work - know that we're praying for you!
Love,
Claire
2009/8/10 Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>:
> Wow Claire- thanks!
> I'm addicted to journal writing. Things have been so busy these last couple of days that I haven't had the time to write as much - and boy do I feel it! Thankfully, I'll have some time today, where I can just POUR out all these feelings, thoughts, emotions, experiences, and inspirations into my journal. That is actually what I feel most pressing on me right now - I need to write these things down - so I can have my mind and head and heart clear and clean and fresh to go into this big change.
> I don't know if you know how big this is. I'm getting a golden in my FOURTH transfer AND I'm whitewashing a city. The weight of this is almost overpowering - but in those moments I remember the savior - and I think I'll only be thinking in 30 minute intervals for the next few days! I can't think of it all at once! President Pimental trusts me. That is a huge comfort. I haven't talked to him - but that he would extend this assignement to me is proof of that. I hope I can live up to that trust. I know I have heavenly and earthly support. I'm sure I'll look back on these hours of my mission and think, 'Why was I so worried? It was so wonderful!' - when I think of it that way I'm not worried! I am so excited! I've done hard things before. I've gone through things I wasn't sure I could handle before - and I can do it again - not by myself but with the Lord's help - which he has already given me in abundance.
>
> When you get the great granddchild list updated I'd love to see it! That is so CRAZY that you got number 50 and 65!
>
> I love you! Keep up the amazing work of being you!
> Love,
> your Sister Lauren Bangerter
>
Subject: Re: § Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
Hey Lauren!
I hope that all is going well and that you are able to think in more than half-hour time slots now! I hope you're settling into your new responsibilities well. Thank you so much for the thoughtful birthday package! It arrived the day before Abby's birthday. She loved the gummi bears (as did I, cough, cough) and the cute little hat is ADORABLE! We'll have to get a picture of her in it for you! Thank you, thank you! Those pictures are great too. Which reminds me - would you like me to give you a short tutorial on how to upload photos for the family? I don't want to stress you out - it just really seems easier than having to print them off and mail them. (Don't get me wrong - I LOVE getting pictures in the mail!) Do you have the cord that connects your camera to the computer? If not, what kind of camera do you have? We can get one to you. Just if you want.
We had a wonderful week, with Abby turning 1!!!!!!!!!! We had a nice "little" party, with the Garlicks, Reneers, Gma Marlene, Bryce, Nancy, Derek, and Mark coming by to celebrate. We web-cam'ed with Michael's family beforehand, and with Adam, Lindsey, and Alina during the party. It was great! Abby was quite good at getting the wrapping paper off, and careful to examine the contents of each present closely - she pulled each of the 24 crayons out of the box one by one to show everyone (picture a semi-circle of little cousins all around her, watching her every move, with Alina on the lap-top to the side - quite fun!). I made her her own birthday cake to tear into, which she did after a few preliminary pokes, and cupcakes for everyone else to eat. I also made her a birthday "apron" out of the joyschool pattern that she, and future siblings, will be able to wear on their birthdays. I mean, I want to dress her up nice on her birthday, but I'll also want her to stay clean - so now I can have both! It has rainbow bias around the outside (I made it myself), and the main part is stripes of different colors. I still want to aplique (sp?) balloons or something on it to make it a bit more "birthday". Anyway, I can't believe she's one. I just bawled on Tuesday night (day before her birthday) thinking how fast this first year has gone! I already see her as 18 and graduated and moving away in my mind! It's crazy.
Let's see - other than that, I really enjoyed picking peaches off our tree this week, learning how to can from Sister RoseMarie Taylor, and then canning 19 quarts of peaches all by myself yesterday! It felt so good! I felt very domestic - and capable. It's really not hard to do! It would have been fun with someone else, but I'll get you to help me some other time!
I just love you Lauren! I know that you are capable of great things. The Lord knows it too - as does your mission president. Keep up the good work - know that we're praying for you!
Love,
Claire
2009/8/10 Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>:
> Wow Claire- thanks!
> I'm addicted to journal writing. Things have been so busy these last couple of days that I haven't had the time to write as much - and boy do I feel it! Thankfully, I'll have some time today, where I can just POUR out all these feelings, thoughts, emotions, experiences, and inspirations into my journal. That is actually what I feel most pressing on me right now - I need to write these things down - so I can have my mind and head and heart clear and clean and fresh to go into this big change.
> I don't know if you know how big this is. I'm getting a golden in my FOURTH transfer AND I'm whitewashing a city. The weight of this is almost overpowering - but in those moments I remember the savior - and I think I'll only be thinking in 30 minute intervals for the next few days! I can't think of it all at once! President Pimental trusts me. That is a huge comfort. I haven't talked to him - but that he would extend this assignement to me is proof of that. I hope I can live up to that trust. I know I have heavenly and earthly support. I'm sure I'll look back on these hours of my mission and think, 'Why was I so worried? It was so wonderful!' - when I think of it that way I'm not worried! I am so excited! I've done hard things before. I've gone through things I wasn't sure I could handle before - and I can do it again - not by myself but with the Lord's help - which he has already given me in abundance.
>
> When you get the great granddchild list updated I'd love to see it! That is so CRAZY that you got number 50 and 65!
>
> I love you! Keep up the amazing work of being you!
> Love,
> your Sister Lauren Bangerter
>
No comments:
Post a Comment