Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3, 2009

From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:26 AM
Subject: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>


Hey Lauren!
We just finished a fun dinner with Karen Beaty (sp?) your old room
mate!  I had no idea that she graduated from high school the same year
I did - did you know she was/is my age?  It was nice to talk to her.
I don't know how the dinner got set up, but I thought it was sweet
that she would spend her last evening in Utah with our family.  The
Garlicks (at least those who aren't in Oregon right now) were over for
dinner too.  I know that she really loves you and Anne.  We talked a
lot - I had no idea how different her home life is from ours.  And to
be the only member of the church!  I have a lot of respect for her.
Well, this pregnancy is going picture-perfect!  I'm feeling really
good, and finally starting to look a little pregnant, instead of just
a little pudgy.  I'm not really sick anymore (unless I stay up WAY
past my bedtime :)) and I can even eat most foods, albeit in small
quantities if it has anything to do with chicken.  The due date for
now is January 20, but we will have an ultrasound in less than a
month!  Okay, it's on September 1, which Adam informs me is pretty
much still a month away, but I'm still counting down!  So really, like
I said, it's less than a month!  Anyway, we will find out if its a boy
or girl and nail down the due date a little better.  It's likely that
it could move up by about a week (to around January 13), but either
way it's still 5-plus months from now.  Actually, that sounds pretty
close to me!
To set the record straight, Lincoln is playing football right now, not
baseball.  He walks around in Andrew's old jersies, mom cries, etc...
Ah, Dear Old AF High.  Junior High.  Lincoln is taller than me, though
I'm not sure if he's taller than Andrew yet.  He's getting a little
bigger, but I still think I could take him :).
Abby had a landmark week (no, she's not walking yet) because she
finally says "Da! Da!"  and means Michael.  I'm a little disappointed
that she won't say Mama yet, but she'll get there!  And it's so cute
to see her looking for her daddy and calling out to him!  She actually
said "mamamamamamamama" while she was crawling towards me the other
night, but she hasn't done it since.  So maybe we're getting close...
She's as darling as ever, a little "coquette" at church (to quote
Sister Condie in Sunday school), and her hair is almost long enough
for one Cindy-Loo-Who ponytail on the top of her head.  How exciting!
I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying Jesus the Christ.  I haven't
read it in a while, but remember that I loved the way it helped me
grow in my understanding of the Savior.  I've been reading the BYU
Speeches of the Year from 1975 (we happen to have the book in our
Library because Grandpa Bangerter gave the last speech that year).
It's neat to gain an appreciation for the words of the apostles and
other leaders of the church in that era.  The only ones I really know
are President Faust and President Packer (other than Grandpa).  Still,
they address many of the same issues that we face today.  I know that
they were men of God - and that we have a prophet and apostles today.
We are so blessed!
I hope that you are finding more people to teach.  I hope the members
can all think of someone they know that might be ready for the
missionaries.  Or if they're not yet, I hope the members can
strengthen their relationships with their friends and continue to
plant seeds so that someday the branch can grow!  I hope that you and
your companion are communicating well, and listening to the spirit.  I
hope that the deep pride of the German people can soften enough for
them to recognize their need for your help and service.  I hope that
you can overcome any fear you may have of larger-than-gerbil-sized
animals.
I love you Lauren.  You have taught me so much by example.  I am
making changes everyday.  I now email you once a week (a HUGE change
for me!) and I have a scripture study journal.  I have a little diary
to make a note of what happened each day - I haven't gotten perfect at
it yet, but I'm getting better.  I bear my testimony more readily and
sincerely.  Thank you for your life and example.
I love you!!!!!!
Love,
Claire


On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Lauren
> Haha! That is so cute to hear about Abby! I can just picture  her with dirt all over her face! How is the pregnancy coming? how far along are you - you are due in January right?  O man, I laughed when you said Dad was making baby faces to Abby from the stand - hilarious. I'm glad Parker got to go to Blacksfork! I just read Lincoln's letter to me -  it was pretty funny - Lincoln's letters are straight forward and they tell it just like it is. He wrote to both Andrew and spent a good two-thirds of the letter describing the his baseball? team drama. From his description he is getting pretty big - is that true?
>
> Thanks for your prayers and support. Time flies here. I pray everyday that I can make a difference here, and find the people who are prepared for the gospel.
>
> I'm reading Jesus the Christ, and I LOVE It!  Maybe I like it so much because it is written in good, solid, English. I love German, but I hadn't realized I've been craving English for so long. I also love the subject matter. Christ really is the center over everything. Without him -  we would have nothing!  I know that he is our Savior. I know that he loves us. I found this quote from Elder Holland the other week. I don't have it write next to me, but as well as my memory serves me it goes, 'Don't worry about Christ running out of ability to help you. His grace is sufficient. That is the deeper, spiritual lesson from the feeding of the 5,000.'
>
> I love you Claire. I know Christ gives us strength and comfort. And I know that he can give us peace immediately, whereas the other things we may ask for take time.
> Love,
> your Sister Lauren Bangerter
>

No comments:

Post a Comment