Sunday, July 19, 2009

July 19, 2009

From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>


Dear Lauren,
This week has flown by!  We are preparing to leave for Utah on
Tuesday, which makes me both happy and sad at the same time.  This
week we made HUGE progress in organizing the Owen/Thurston family
history information - and I kept thinking of you!  You would have
agreed with me in being so grateful for Mom Owen's habit over the last
little while of piling up all the family history documents she found
into one place until she had time to organize it all.  We were able to
sort out all their papers and make binders for each family - just how
I hope we can still organize all of Grandma Bangerter's information!
It was a good feeling ("such a good feeling - to know you're alive -
it's such a happy feeling! It's growing inside, and when I wake up,
ready to say, "I think I'll make a *snappy* new day!".... just a
random Mr. Rogers song that popped into my head when I typed that last
phrase.  Sorry.).  Anyway, it's amazing how I feel a responsibility to
know all this history now that I know it's Abby's history as well as
Michael's.
Let's see - we've picked blueberries, chopped down trees, attended a
harp lesson, Abby learned to blow kisses (she does this now to say
"goodbye" or "good night."  It's so cute!), we made homemade ice cream
with fresh berries from outside (raspberries, blackberries, and
blueberries), we've enjoyed the "extensive grounds" here (to quote
"Emma"), we've done some amazing embroidery with Mom Owen's new sewing
machine, met with a couple Michael was friends with in high school
(not members, but really sharp), and tried to help Abby walk on her
own.  She just loves to hang on to our fingers - probably because it's
more fun for her to go somewhere if she knows she's bringing us with
her!
I love you, Lauren!  I got to talk about missionaries to Michael's
friend from high school when she asked if I "did a mission."  She
seemed to know it was optional for girls, but I was able to tell her
about my sister and brother, both serving in Germany.  I know it
wasn't exactly bearing my testimony, but it was neat to be a "positive
contact" for her.  She only seemed to have informational questions
about the church, but as we develop a friendship, who knows what else
may follow?
I've really enjoyed this trip here - I can't tell you how blessed I am
to have the "in-laws" that I do (I put that in quotes because I think
of them more as blood relations than in-laws.  I'd rather say that I
now have TWO amazing families!).  It's been a blessing to be here this
long.

I hope that this next week goes well for you!  Have there been many
changes in your mission with a new mission president?  That's neat
that you have two that you will know so well - that's twice the number
of mission reunions you'll be able to attend ;)!
I'm praying for you, Lauren.  I love you.  I support everything you're
doing, and I want you to know that I have a testimony of this gospel.
I love it.  I love the Book of Mormon and I know it's true.  I know we
are SO blessed to have a living prophet.  Keep up your spirits and the
good work!

I love you!
Love,
Claire

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 5:30 AM, Lauren
Bangerter<sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
> Dear Claire,
> That is so fun to hear about Abby's party and progress! I can't imagine how big she must be! I had a dream the other night that I was holding Alina and Abby at the same time, but they were both small . . . so I've going to have to alter my dream somehow!  Mom' s letter was hilarious! The other week I was telling the missionaries here some SEth lines (Do you look at your feet when you walk? You mean I was born on my birthday? Your job is to stay at home and make me choose the right, and all you do is go goofing off) and now I can add this one to it! Steven's addage makes it even funnier (Do I have 2 brothers or 3 . . . you have 5!) SO SO FUNNY!
>
> We don't have any zoos here in Jena -  but pretty much everyone has a dog! President Borcherding kept warning us once when we were walking outside with him 'watch out for the mines!' As for me - I will NEVER have a dog- or any animal as a housepet  - we had an appointment with a guy this week and he had three cats -  who were crawling all over the walls and the floor and the tables and the couches and OUR LAPS- and he stooped to wipe something off the floor as we came in -  I shutter to think what - and if I had doubts about housepets before- they are swept away!
>
> We have had a wonderful week. I was really excited to meet President Pimental and I love him so much already. I know he meant it when he said he wanted to be a blessing to my life and he wants to help me in any way I can. I'll only have two mission presidents in my life - andI know he will make a huge impact on me!
>
> I love you! Hearing mom's letter I'm anxious for you to come home because the house seems pretty empty - but then I remember that I don't have to deal with an emtpy house and you not being home and I don't feel so bad! So enjoy Michigan while you are there! Give my best to the Owen family! They are great!
>
> Love,
> Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment