Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4, 2009

From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>


Dear Lauren  -
I just finished playing my half of Stars and Stripes Forever - we're here in Michigan (it's July 4th, and Michael's mom's birthday) and I was just trying to bring a little patriotic feel into the day.  Sadly, my half of the duet sounds a little hollow (or should I say fourth of the quartet...), mostly meaning that I missed you playing next to me.  Still, it's a rousing piece - and makes me so grateful for this wonderful country!!!!  Michael's family chuckled a little at me this morning - I was insisting that my little family (Michael, Abby, and I) wore red, white, or blue to celebrate today.  Abby has the cutest little watermelon/picnic dress that's red and white - topped off with a red headband!  I'm in red and blue, and Michael's in blue and white, so together we make a complete picture.  I'll have to send you one. 

We've enjoyed our trip out here immensely so far!  Everyone else has finally arrived.  It's been fun to announce our new little one as everyone arrived - using the same onesie I used on the boys ("I'm the BIG sister!")  Allison was by far the fastest one to get what we were saying!  They're pretty excited!  It's taken Abby about half a day to get used to each new person as they arrive, but she's doing a good job of taking all this change of scenery and people in stride!

We are just about to leave to a little (big?) house on Lake Michigan (I think - maybe it's Superior...) where we will stay till next Thursday.  It sounds a lot like our Bear Lake trip last year!  I'm excited.  There should be some good fireworks tonight in one of the neighboring towns. We won't have the internet there, so I'm glad I remembered to get this off to you before we left! 

I send my best to your new companion!  How neat to learn from a native German - it sounds like it you will have some different experiences in this companionship, but I'm glad you got to stay in Jena!  I still pray for you.  Please let me know what else I can do!!!
I love you!
So much!
Love,
Claire
(and Michael)
(and Abby)
(and Baby Owen!)


On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Claire!

That is so fun to hear how you told everyone! I can totally picture how Adam and everyone must have reacted! It is so exciting!

Thanks for praying for me. I"ve felt it. We are seeing so much success here. I'm sad that Sister Ryser is leaving. Sister Meiser will be great -  but she goes at a slower pace than Sister Ryser. She is very loving though, and she has the amazing gift of charity. I'm so gratfull I get to stay in Jena. We've set a lot of balls rolling this transfer and I'm excited to see where they will all end up.

The emails weren"t really working today so that is why this is late. We are at the SEnior sisters appartment. They are serving us cinnamon rolls  and chips and salsa for p-day! It is so fun! I feel like I'm back home!

thanks for your confidence in me. I think it is a tool of satan sometimes to make us feel insignificant or insufficient. I, too, and greatful that we can write to each other so easily. I love hearing about all you day to day activities. Those pictures of Abby were so cute! THanks for sharing them!

I love you! Have fun in Michigan!
Love,
Sister LAUREN Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment