Monday, July 27, 2009

July 27, 2009

From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 1:33 AM
Subject: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>


Dear Lauren -
I love how sharp your memory is!  I'm not sure I could have gotten
that far in Emma, and I watched it two weeks ago!  Let's see...
progress this week... Oh yeah!!! We survived Abby's first Black's Fork
trip!  Actually, we didn't just survive, we THRIVED!  Abby loved it up
there.  She was so cute in her overalls, bandanas, and zip-up hoodies
- I kept having flashbacks to all our little siblings roaming around
those campgrounds!  We had a wonderful time.  She didn't get too
dirty!  We only stayed two nights, but I think we'll be up for a
longer stay next year.  Parker is out here in UT this week, and he
also enjoyed the mountains immensely.  I didn't make it up to Slide
Rock this year, but definitely thought of you as we heard glowing
reports from everyone who went sliding down!  I'm pretty sure that you
were the first one to jump down!
Abby is definitely becoming more social and playful every day!  I
can't believe how big she is.  She just got her 7th tooth and is
working on her eighth!  She was waving to Dad on the stand today, and
got his attention, as well as Bro. McDonald's - which made for a funny
sight - seeing the two of them baby-smiling at her from the stand!
I hope all is well in Jena - I've been praying for you!
My computer is about to die - so know that I love you and support you
and miss you (but don't think about that part!)
Love,
Claire


On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Lauren
Bangerter<sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
> Claire! Wow - how fun! It sounds like your describing the perfect life! I can just picture Abby blowing kisses and walking! Actually - I can't really - but I can pretend I can! How fun.
>
> I love family history! That is so cool that you were able to help with the Owens. How is Grandma Bangerter's project coming by the way?
>
> I quoted Emma to my companion the other day. She is a Jane Austen fan. She saw Emma in German - but she was able to recognize it laughed really hard when I quoted  the following: Dear Diary, Today I tried not to think about Mr. Knightley. I tried not to think about him when I spoke about the menu with Cook. (Oh, is Mr. Knightley coming to dinner? No, why do you say that? Lamb Stew's his favorite.) And I tired not to think about him in the garden where I thriced plucked the petals from the daisies to acertain his feelings for Harriet. I don't think we should keep daisies in the Garden. They really are drab little flowers. ... And I tried not to think about him when I went to bed. But something had to be done.
>
> Crazy how I remember that.
>
> Actually, That is a talent that Sister Meiser has been pointing out to me that I have. We run into a stituation and I say, 'hey, that reminds me of a scripture.' and she is always so amazed that it fits  and applies so well. I hadn't even realized I was doing it. It is nice to have someone point out your talents to you every once in a while. It is a talent. And as I look back on my life I relized that the Lord has blessed me with a good memory. (I also have a thought in the back of my head that that blessing comes from my journal writing. If I hadn't have kept a journal I don't think the Lord would have let my mind expand so much to remember so much. It is kind of a wierd type of sacrifice. When I take the time to write something about the day, not only do I remember that day better, but then in my studies and stuff I can remember what I read and where and how it can apply.) -  every good thing in the gospel is connected with every other good thing - so journal writing can be connected with an expanded memory. - hope that makes sense.
>
> I'm not perfect - and I don't think I have the perfect scripture for every situation all the time - It was just an insight I recieved for myself this week.
>
> Things are going well for me. Pray, maybe, that we can find more investagators. It is hard sometimes to  write home because I don't have any stories to share. WE have no one here for baptism. But there are such stigmatisms about Germany and not being able to baptize that I don't even want to hint at that in my letters home. So sometimes I don't know what to write home. I guess every mission has this same problem, but I don't want to pass on that stigmatism from Germany. Naja. We'll see how my letter home works out. :) I love you.
>
> I love you!
> Love,
> Lauren
>

No comments:

Post a Comment