Monday, June 8, 2009

Jun 8, 2009

From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>


Lauren!!!
I wanted to write to you before I went to bed last night, but Abby was already asleep in the computer room - so I thought I could get up early this morning and write to you, but it appears that you write at about 4am our time!  So I'm sorry I missed you!  I've been wanting to write you since I got my call as Laurel adviser.  It's funny because I thought I knew all the Laurels in our ward and that they were all stellar (the ones I knew ARE!).  However, I found out that half of our class is pretty much inactive.  So, I've felt very strongly that I was called to do something for those girls especially.  Therefore, I have set up appointments with each of them to come over and talk about pretty much anything - just get to know them better.  I've met with two of the four I'm worried about so far.  One meeting was very sweet and we were able to converse about spiritual things very easily.  I could tell she wanted to do better, and she came to church the next Sunday with a huge smile on her face!  The other meeting was a little tougher.  I could tell that she was feeling apathetic towards the gospel.  She only wanted to talk about fun stuff she liked to do and her friends.  Still, I was able to talk a little about personal progress, and asked her if she would come support my lesson on Sunday.  She said she would!  I can't tell you how much I felt like you - or at least how I imagine you must feel, when an investigator says they will come to church!  That Sunday I was nervous that she wouldn't come - I'm sure you can relate.  I'm sure you can also relate to the way I felt when she didn't show up.  I was disappointed and sad for her.  I took cookies to her after church and she didn't answer the door.  Still, I'm meeting with her and her mom next Tuesday, so hopefully we can make some more progress.  The point of these stories is just to tell you that your example has inspired me to be a better missionary!  I never realized how much of an opportunity I have for missionary work right here!  These girls NEED the gospel!  It's a little different from you in that they are already members, so I meet with them with the full knowledge that they were at least receptive to the gospel at one point.  However, they have had hard lives.  I want them to understand the gospel so very much!  I know it can and will bless their lives!  I see sadness and mistrust behind some of their eyes, and I want to wipe it away.  I want them to trust in their Savior.  I know you know what I mean.  Oh Lauren, I've been wanting to tell you about all this for a while!!!!! Please forgive my slackness! 

Abby is standing up, holding onto my leg right now, trying to get a hand on the keyboard or mouse.  We just sent Julia, Jarom, and Joshua Beck out the door - we were watching them this afternoon.  Mom got a new baby swing outside, so we were swinging, looking at the baby chicks, talking with Rhino, our rabbit, jumping on the tramp, coloring in the kitchen, singing primary songs in our little living room and playing with Abby's toys.  She loved having other little kids around!!!!!!  She's a little sad right now because she wants me to come play the piano with her.  She loves looking at books and turning their pages.  She just had two more teeth come in, so she's got a little mouth-full now!!!  Michael just got home from work, so we're going to play with Abby for a while.  Life is so wonderful!  Today is Grandpa Bangerter's 91st birthday, so we're going up to a family dinner in a few hours. 

Now, Michael suggested, and I agreed that there's something I should tell you first, because only Michael and Abby know so far, but you have to keep it QUIET!!!!!! until I tell you otherwise!  In case you haven't guessed by now, I'm expecting again!!!! That's right, Abby's going to be a big sister in December or January!!!!!  Again I repeat, DON'T TELL ANYONE even REMOTELY connected with our family!  Mostly, just because I'm looking forward to telling the family when we have a little 'reunion' (just our siblings) at the end of the month when Adam and Lindsey come out.  But I really wanted you to know!  And it feels good to tell someone!  I'm somewhere between 2 and 3 months along already.... and I don't feel nearly as sick as I did with Abby.  Still, it's nice that we have our own space in the basement for those times when my stomach is a little overpowering... yuckh.  Anyway, we're really excited!  Remember, you're the one who told me I could have two more children before you get home - so maybe this will be twins!  (I don't really think it will, just for the record.)

I just love you Lauren!  I know this email is a little longer than you were anticipating, but I'm glad to get this off to you!
Have a wonderful week!  I'm sorry that you won't get this until next Monday - my bad!
I love you!
Love,
Claire





On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hey Claire! I love you. I think about you alot. Thanks for your example to me. I just want to tell you everything that happens! I want to tell you how thrilling it is to ride down these small streets on my bike. I want you to see these faithful members. I want to share the amazing little ice cream shops they have here with you. I have learned so much from you. Let me know how things are going. You don't have to write very much. Just a little return e-mail to this one. THen I can write a small one in return and we can have a little correspondance just like Jane Austen and her sister Cassandra! Just tell me how you are feeling when we get this e-mail -  what did you ten minutes before and what you will do ten minutes after.  We are just finishing up our e-mails here- and are on our way to go buy groceries. We have our own shopping bags that we bring with us - Germans and really into recycling and environmental friendly things. :) I love you!
Love,
Sister Lauren Bangerter


No comments:

Post a Comment