Date: Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 2:13 AM
Subject: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
Sister LaLaLeeLu!!
Just so you know, we told everyone about the baby yesterday - it was great! I made a shirt for Abby (I'll send you a picture later) that said "I'm the BIG sister!" and got her dressed in the morning. Then we went up to see everyone and just let Abby crawl around, until she sat up and Adam saw her shirt. It got pretty quiet for a few seconds and Adam said, "Are you... making.... an announcement? (confused face)" I just smiled and everybody erupted! It's been fun to tell people - Grandpa Garlick (hands placed quickly over his eyes with a HUGE smile, saying "That's wonderful honey!"), Grandpa and Grandma Bangerter (Gma - "Oh! Oh!" with hands clapping/slapping her knee, HUGE smile!), and all the Garlicks and Reneers tonight (large cheer as I turned their attention to Abby and told them she'd be a big sister in January!). Needless to say, I'm having a great time!
We head out to Michigan tomorrow morning and we'll tell Michael's family all together this week. I'm excited that we get to fly out there - and on a non-stop flight too! How spoiled we are - and I'm very grateful for it!
Lauren, I've been praying for you! I was thinking last Monday what a blessing it is to have email and to be able to communicate with you through letters! I really felt like you were talking to me the way we used to - and I hope you know you can share anything with me. I have been concientiously (hope that's the right word) praying for you all week - specifically, and fervently. I just love you Lauren! I know you're capable of great things, and it sounds like you're doing great things! When I hear the word "enthusiasm," I can't help but picture you! I love the way you throw your heart and soul behind whatever you do! You're inspiring to me that way. In a lot of ways, actually! I will keep up the prayers, and add on anything else you need! I just love you!
One more anecdote before I go to bed (I'm up WAY past my bedtime!). I've let my eyebrows run wild since you left, and really wanted Mom to 'fix' them before we left for Michigan. She said, "Ohhhh - okay. Just get it all ready. Lauren always had it all ready to go!" So I proceeded to place a gooey dollop of honey-stuff on a paper plate, microwave it, and sit very still on a stool. Adam and Lincoln were watching these proceedings, not without comment, and enjoyed teasing Mom and I with "what's that gap on your face?" and "Oh! Mom! What did you do!". But Mom really just about lost it when Adam conversationally explained to Lincoln that she was "tarring and feathering" me - meaning my eyebrows. I really thought Mom might take off half a brow with that one! (Maybe you had to be there - just imagine Adam saying it. Much funnier already, right?)
Well, I'd better be going, but I love you! I look forward to your emails on Monday like I can't believe- they're so delightful - whatever your news! I just love to hear from you!
Love,
Claire
Subject: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
Sister LaLaLeeLu!!
Just so you know, we told everyone about the baby yesterday - it was great! I made a shirt for Abby (I'll send you a picture later) that said "I'm the BIG sister!" and got her dressed in the morning. Then we went up to see everyone and just let Abby crawl around, until she sat up and Adam saw her shirt. It got pretty quiet for a few seconds and Adam said, "Are you... making.... an announcement? (confused face)" I just smiled and everybody erupted! It's been fun to tell people - Grandpa Garlick (hands placed quickly over his eyes with a HUGE smile, saying "That's wonderful honey!"), Grandpa and Grandma Bangerter (Gma - "Oh! Oh!" with hands clapping/slapping her knee, HUGE smile!), and all the Garlicks and Reneers tonight (large cheer as I turned their attention to Abby and told them she'd be a big sister in January!). Needless to say, I'm having a great time!
We head out to Michigan tomorrow morning and we'll tell Michael's family all together this week. I'm excited that we get to fly out there - and on a non-stop flight too! How spoiled we are - and I'm very grateful for it!
Lauren, I've been praying for you! I was thinking last Monday what a blessing it is to have email and to be able to communicate with you through letters! I really felt like you were talking to me the way we used to - and I hope you know you can share anything with me. I have been concientiously (hope that's the right word) praying for you all week - specifically, and fervently. I just love you Lauren! I know you're capable of great things, and it sounds like you're doing great things! When I hear the word "enthusiasm," I can't help but picture you! I love the way you throw your heart and soul behind whatever you do! You're inspiring to me that way. In a lot of ways, actually! I will keep up the prayers, and add on anything else you need! I just love you!
One more anecdote before I go to bed (I'm up WAY past my bedtime!). I've let my eyebrows run wild since you left, and really wanted Mom to 'fix' them before we left for Michigan. She said, "Ohhhh - okay. Just get it all ready. Lauren always had it all ready to go!" So I proceeded to place a gooey dollop of honey-stuff on a paper plate, microwave it, and sit very still on a stool. Adam and Lincoln were watching these proceedings, not without comment, and enjoyed teasing Mom and I with "what's that gap on your face?" and "Oh! Mom! What did you do!". But Mom really just about lost it when Adam conversationally explained to Lincoln that she was "tarring and feathering" me - meaning my eyebrows. I really thought Mom might take off half a brow with that one! (Maybe you had to be there - just imagine Adam saying it. Much funnier already, right?)
Well, I'd better be going, but I love you! I look forward to your emails on Monday like I can't believe- they're so delightful - whatever your news! I just love to hear from you!
Love,
Claire
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Claire!
It is so fun to hear about Abby and the Owens. I love the way you describe motherhood. I love hearing about Abby. You should send me a curant picture. But send it in a separate e-mail because I need to delete it (or send it on to my gmail account) - becuase this email system they have for us has small memory and I don't want to delete this email! One of the new members here, named Florence from Kenya, is a nanny to three children - two baby twins and a four year old (named Alina!) - and basically, she is their mother because the real mom goes to the gym and hangs out with her friends all day. When the babies cry it is Florence that answers them. The mother didn't really want to get pregnant after Alina. I'm glad for the kids that they get to have Florence as a nanny, they could have gotten much worse. But it hurts my heart to see this mother not even care and to see her children turn to the nanny for their attention and care and not their mother. Thanks for being a good example: for knowing your role in the big scheme of things, and for rejoicing in it. I hope you are writing down all those reflections you are having of Abby's progress! She will love to read those someday!
That is so nice of Uncle Tom! Have him send anything to the mission address - not my Jena address. I'm not sure how long I'll be staying here. Not that I'm thinking about transfers or anything. I'm really trying not to. The truth is I love it here with Sister Ryser and we are just beginning to see success and I don't want to leave. But in my heart I think I will. I'll work as if I'll stay. I don't say these thoughts to people. They are unproductive and speculative. But I can tell you. I have learned so much from Sister Ryser. She dosen't waste a minute. I hope I can carry on that trait when I'm not her companion anymore. I think the hardest thing on a mission is working when your companion doesn't want to. Unfortunatly, I've been that companion before, but I'm trying not to be. And Sister Ryser always wants to work - and I'm apprehensive about getting a companion who is not like her in that regard. But I know the Lord is in charge and I told him I'd go wherever he wants me to go with whomever he wants me to go with.
So you want something to pray for. Well, this may be selfish - but please pray for me. Pray that I can stay positive and have a stronger desire to work hard and serve others. Pray that I can be more intune with the spirit and with others needs. Pray especially that I can be out-going and friendly. and Pray that my testimony can get stronger - so much so that I can't hold it back - and that my faith can overcome my fear. That's a long list. And really, I am happy and upbeat and am loving this work! I know the answer to most problems I have are solved when I forget about myself and serve others. So I'll let you pray for these things for me - so I can pray for Norah, Sabrina, and Christina! (and you can pray for them too if you have time :) Thanks Claire! I love you so much!
Sometimes when I go to bed my mind is reeling with people and problems and things. So I sing Love at Home to myself in my head and I'm able to fall asleep. That is a sacred song for me. I'm glad your passing it on to Abby! (and Chloe)
So I pretty much spilled my heart to you in this e-mail. You don't need to share anything that might make mom worry or anything.
Love,
Sister Lauren Bangerter
No comments:
Post a Comment