Monday, September 7, 2009

September 7, 2009

From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 12:22 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>


IT'S Another GIRL!!!!!!!!!

So, Lauren, you will be getting another baby niece  in January!  We were so excited to finally see the baby in the ultrasound!   This week has been nice - but rather quiet the second half since Mom, Dad, and the boys left for Albuquerque on Thursday.  Abby definitely missed having all her uncles around.  Still, she was adventurous enough to learn how to mount the little wooden rocking horse that Mom and Dad have (Adam's old one) ALL BY HERSELF, and proceeded to rock back and forth, first holding on, then with no hands, and then with no hands while KNEELING on the horse.  She's a little daredevil.  She "accidentally" stands on her own all the time, but as soon as she realizes it, she sits down.  She's definitely coordinated enough to walk, she just doesn't want to do it yet.  Her other daredevilish attempt this week was a little more dangerous.  She has been using anything and everything as a walker, and her newly discovered push toy is a laundry basket.  She was cruising around upstairs with a basket, and headed straight for the stairs, determined to "walk" down them.  She was not very happy when I put a stop to it.... and carried her downstairs... at which point she crawled right back up the stairs and tried to walk with the basket down the stairs again.  She was only safe (and quite unhappy) once I corralled her in with the ottomans and couches in the basement.
She's a joy to have around - and is learning new things every day!  She says "bottle", "dada", "mom", "bye", "yes", and "ball".  She signs "more please", "please", "all done", "eat", and blows kisses to say "goodbye".  I am truly amazed at how much she's learned in these last few weeks.
I hope that all is well with you and your companion, and that some of the less actives are "waking up".  President and Sister Parish came home from their missions and reported last week, and President Parish shared a Chinese proverb or something, the gist of which went like this:
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool; do not follow him.
He who knows not, and knows he knows not, is a child; teach him.
He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep; awake him.
He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise; follow where he leads.

So, basically, it sounds like you're working with some who are asleep, so hopefully you can help them to awaken.  Also, hopefully you can find some "children", who are looking for something more, and you can teach them.
I love you Lauren!  I guess this girl's middle name has to be Lauren since Abby's middle name is Claire (i'm just kidding, no offense, but I don't really think it will be) - but I'm glad that these two sisters will have each other like we do - I'm so glad to have you!
Love,
Claire


On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Wow Claire - its crazy to hear about everyone moving and going to BYU - what a wonderful life!
I had a dream last night that Adam and Lindsey were having a baby and the doctor told them is was a girl - and it came out a boy - and it was so cute - and they named it a really cute name, but I can't remember what is was - So I think you are going to have a boy. There's my guess.

we are still working hard -  and have been going by on a lot of less actives lately. It is crazy to hear all the different excuses people make not to live the gospel -  sad really - some are ligit - most aren't, but I'm greatful for good parents who taught us young what is most important in life. Abby is so lucky that she is learning from you!

I heard there were 700 people in church last sunday! I can hardly picture that anymore! I know this church is true, no matter the size of the congregation, the country, or the language! I love this gemeinde here in Bernburg. We are doing all we can to strengthen it. Maybe you could pray that we could find some solid investagators - and increase our teaching pool. THanks
I sure do love you Claire -  thanks for your happy updates! I look forward to them!
Love,
Your Sister Lauren Bangerter


No comments:

Post a Comment