From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
Dear Lauren,
I think in the midst of having a baby I forgot to mention how much I
loved your analogy of our spirits and bodies being like playing the
piano - it's a great way to visualize it, especially for those who
have put in the effort to learn to play the piano.
So, life with two children is just about twice as wonderful as it is
with one - and it's been ONE-derful since Abby came along, so Eliza is
like an extra big bonus! I can't believe I have two little girls!
It's sweet to see how Abby cares for Eliza - (who, by the way, she
calls "Eye-ah"; Abby calls herself "Abb-oo", so it sounds like I have
two little African babies: Abu and Iyah) - she comes in each morning,
looking for her little "baby!" and takes careful inventory of her
eyes, ears, nose, mouth, head, toes, and fingers. When I'm burping
Eliza, Abby says "pat!" and comes and helps me pat her back. She says
"ofst!" when she comes to caress little Eliza (that means "soft.").
Eliza is peaceful and serene - a great sleeper, and quite resilient to
all the hands-on attention Abby gives her. She's already getting
bigger - though I can't believe how small she is! It's been a little
bit of an adjustment to look after two little girls - but I've only
had to do that by myself once or twice this week. I'm blessed to have
so much help here at home. Michael's been able to work from home this
last week, and of course Mom and Dad and the boys have been great to
help out. Mom has fed us most of the week, except when my visiting
teachers and the Laurels brought dinner for us a couple of nights.
It's been nice to have a few visitors each day, coming to wish us all
well and coo at and admire little Liza. Abby's done really well
adjusting to another family member. She's still as spunky as ever -
and this week started perfecting the art of the enthusiastic response
- when presented with a pleasant situation (Mom giving her some lip
gloss, friends showing up at the front door, Papa walking into the
kitchen), she SQUEALS! and gives the appropriate response: "Hi!!!",
"Papa!", or "Yes!!!" It's pretty cute/funny, though occasionally hard
on the ears (if you happen to be 11 days old or standing too close at
the moment). We still have to watch how we phrase things - because
she knows that "outside", "go", and "bye" (said to her or to anyone
else) imply that someone is going out. And she wants to go out.
Always. If someone is leaving (or says one of the afore-mentioned
words), she RUNS to get her "coke!" (coat) and occasionally "boots!" -
sometimes running clear back to her basement bedroom with one of us in
tow to reach her coat, or else gets the coat herself and returns,
breathless, to the door, asking to be let out. It can be
heartbreaking to disappoint her after all that effort - the result of
which has been several dark-out trips to the igloo in the backyard
(the only place outside that can be lit up once the sun goes down).
Well, life is truly wonderful. Every minute is a blessing. I'm
recovering well, and Michael's managing to stay on top of school and
work - oh, and we got two job offers this week! One is in Santa
Barbara, CA, the other in Boston (really Lexington), Mass. We're
feeling pretty good about Boston still, so that is the current plan.
However, I know that sometimes the Lord has other plans for us, so I
wouldn't say anything is final quite yet.
I love you Lauren! How are your investigators doing? Is there
anything I can do for you? Did you get the package Mom sent - it left
just before Eliza was born, so there aren't any pictures of her in it.
I'll have to send those later. But it does have some pictures from
Uncle Tom.
We pray for you every day! Abby still folds her arms randomly and
wants to pray, so we pray for you!
I hope you have a wonderful week and that you stay warm and healthy!
Love,
Claire
On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Lauren Bangerter
<sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>
> Dear Claire,
> Thanks for your wonderful letter. I'm glad the baby is doing fine - I'm just eager to recieve the email that says she's come! Sister Hung will be honored to know that you chose her name to name your daughter.
>
> I've been studying the creation and fall this week. We have an investagator family and - this I can't understand - she doesn't want to be with her husband and child forever. So as I was pondering it, I had the thought that she doesn't understand the creation and fall. Our bodies are so amazing! THey are an essential part of our soul - but they are the part that is fallen. We need to learn in this life to have our Spirit controll our body and not the other way around. Being a mother is kind of like a priesthood calling - just the female side of it. IT IS SUCH A BLESSING! This may seem weird, but my desire to be a wife and mother has grown more by my being on a mission than by anything else. I'm so excited for you. You are a great example and I'm just greatful.
>
> I thought this was interesting as well. PResident Packer said that our body is the instrument of our spirit. And So I tired to liken it unto the piano. the piano is our body and we, playing it, are our spirit. Some people come into this world with a piano that is out of tune and maybe dosen't look so great, but they work hard and they learn to play beautifully and they enjoy playing! Some people are born with a beauiful grand piano, but then they let it get worn down or cover it with dust and junk. They don't develop their SPIRIT - so they can only pluck notes. And reading music is like being obident and writing music is like recieveing revelation. Eventually EVERYONE will revcieve a beautiful grand piano (or an elegant upright) that plays beautifully - and wouldn't it be sad if you got one and then couldn't play it? So many people just don't appreicate their bodies. tHey are miracles! And one quote that Elder Holland said was something to the effect of - if we show we are responsible with the creative powers we have here - we will recieve more creative powers in the next life.
>
> I sure do love you. THanks for your prays and support and help. Love,
> Sister Bangerter
>
No comments:
Post a Comment