From: Claire Owen <clairebang.owen@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Liebe Schwester!
To: Lauren Bangerter <sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net>
Dear Lauren,
I hope you've had a good week! Ours has been more of the same, but
getting better all the time - I'm finally starting to get the hang of
at least thinking about two children at the same time. However, I
don't know what I'd do if I didn't have Michael, Mom, Dad, Steven,
Lincoln and Seth to occasionally look after Abby. Eliza is more alert,
has gained 1 pound and grown 1 inch. The doctor said she was perfect.
The only slightly less than perfect thing we've had to deal with is
her "motion sickness"- at least that's what we call it since she seems
to empty her stomach any time she is bounced or vibrated for any
extended period of time. Still, she's a happy baby and when she spits
up she does so silently and then opens her mouth as if to ask for more
food.
Abby is still thrilled with her little sister. She also seems to be
growing a ton. She loves to imitate everyone - I think she thinks
she's just as big as everyone here. Seth hosted a dance-dinner here
the other night and Abby spent the whole evening going from couple to
couple, asking for candy, balloons, wanting to play ping-pong,
dancing, and cheering on their foosball games. She thought the party
was there all for her and when they left for the dance she stood at
the top of the stairs gazing longingly through the bars as each couple
left. She's a doll; they both are!
I hope that Sister Nelson is feeling better - I've been praying for
her. I think it's neat you were able to go to Nico's baptism - thanks
for sending the pictures. I hope everything goes well this week. I
love you so much!
Love,
Claire
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Lauren Bangerter
<sisterbangerter7@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>
> Hey Claire!
> I was so excited last week with looking at pictures and reading and rereading your email that I totally forgot to WRITE to you! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited and I love the name - cute cute Eliza Jayne.
> Things are going well with me - I was allowed to go to a baptism yesterday from our investagator in Magdeburg and that was great. We were blessed to find two new investagators this week, and on Friday we experienced a miracle - when we went to do some doors - in the first four buildings that we went into we made out four appointments - making the total for that day 6!
> IT is fun having four sisters in one apparment, and it has turned into a really big blessing - because one of them - Sister Nelsen is really sick and has migranes every day - so we've been able to help her - and she relys on me a lot - we understand each other well - and sometimes when you have a companion who can't speak english and you have a blaring migrane it is nice to talk to someone who can understand you. SO maybe you could pray for sister Nelsen. She only has one transfer left. I think every missionary fears a little bit at the end of their mission whether they have done good enough or not - and she is going through that - and being sick isn'T helping matters.
> Frau Schulze is one of our investagators - she taught school - and evolution - but she is willing to find out about God - so pray that she will have the courage to overcome her pride and to recognize the spirit when she feels it. Frau Schulze, Frau Pfaff, Frau Rödich, and Frau Helmbold are four really cool old ladies - will you pray for them - that they won't cancel on us and that they will take their commitments seriously and keep them? Thanks Claire! You are wonderful!
> I'm so excited to see Eliza someday! I wrote her a letter and I'm sending it today in a package of letters I'm sending home to myself - so look for it!
> Love,
> your Sister Lauren Bangerter
>
>
No comments:
Post a Comment